Titicaca Lake, Inca Trail 4D3N, Salkantay Trek 5D4N, Lares Trek 4D3N, Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3D2N, Vilcabamba to Machu picchu 5D4N, Cusco City Tour, horse back riding, Packages to Machu Picchu, Colca Canyon, Manu Nanional Park. hiking to Machu picchu
NAME OF THE TOUR: LAKE TITICACA 3D/2N
7 hours from the city of Cusco. It is one of the highest cities in Peru therefore you may need to stay at a lower altitude first to acclimatize. The most impressive attraction is lake TITICACA, the floating islands, Chulpas the Sillustani( Inca cemetery), amongst others.
Lake Titicaca has long been considered a sacred place among natives and indigenous people, those who live in and around the lake consider themselves descendants of Mama Cocha( sacred water) since according the history lake Titicaca was the birthplace of the civilization and the Incas. Viracchocha the Andean creator deity sent the Inca brothers to illuminated this areas principally Cuzco valley.
Lake Titicaca is a dazzling sight .it's deep azure waters seemingly extend forever across the altiplano, under the monstrously wide sky at an elevation of 4000 meters high ( 13,000ft) it is massive the only one world's highest navigable lake , it has been inhabited for thousands of years and it is make and re-made of totora ( reeds that grows here) which serve as home for some local villages in the lake. Nowadays is visited by thousands of tourists where you will get unforgettable experience.
THE UROS FLOATING ISLANDS.-
As improbable as it sounds, the Urus people of lake Titicaca live on floating islands made by had from totora reads that grows in abundance in the shallow water of the lake, this un-real practice started since the time of the pre Incas and Incas themselves since they were attack and using reed handmade boats they had to slip away . today there are about 45 floating island where their main economic activity is the tourism,it is located at abot 30 minutes away from the city of Puno.
DAY 1ST.- CUSCO - PUNO : TOURISM BUS DRIVE VISITING SOME INCAN AND PRE-INCA RUINS
RutaInkaExpress-7640021We pick you up from your hotel at approx 6.30am to take you to the bus station ( Inca express or first class ) both provide royal class service with English speaking tour guide and a waiter who is ready to assist you with hot and cold drinks on board. During the trip we stop to visit some Inca ruins, museums and churches such as the ANDAHUAYLILLAS CHURCH( which is considered to be the sixteenth chapel where our guide will show you the unique mural (frescos and others), RACCHI Inca ruins, where during the pre hispanic times was used as a religious monument and as a resting place by the Incan travelers. LA RAYA the border between Cusco and Puno, the most traditional animals of Peru can be seen, such as llamas and alpacas. PUCARA is a museum where it is possible to see some pre-Inca remains. Finally by 5.30 pm we arrive in Puno city where our representative will pick you up to take you to your hotel.
Lunch is buffet is provided along the way.
DAY 2ND .- PUNO –FLOATING ISLANDS – AMANTANI ISLANDS:
Breakfast is provided by the hotel then your tour leader will pick you up to take you to the port where you meet with your group. Afterwards you take the motorphoto_-_floating_islands_puno_peru1 boat for 3 minutes, there are spectacular views of the lake then you will arrive at the floating islands where you will be welcomed by the locals who will guide you and show you the island and you will observe how the local families live on these moving islands. You also have extra time to talk with the local people to have a true cultural experience. Then we take a 3 hour boat ride to get to the Amantani islands. Experience .....on lake with high elevation. By 2.30 pm we arrive at our destination where our guide will introduce us to the local families who are going to share their house with us. After lunch we will hike for one hour up the mountain called Pachatata( 4400 meters ) where you can see an amazing view of the sunset over the lake and a chance to relax and enjoy the fresh air. Afterwards we come back to the house for dinner and you have the opportunity to dress in traditional clothes provided by the locals, we will also go to the local school and we will have a party with the locals overnight.
DAY 3.- AMANTANI ISLANDS - TAQUILE ISLANDS - PUNO - HOTEL.
We will have an early breakfast with our local family then we take the boat for two hours to arrive to the Sillustani islands where our guide will teach us about the textiles and we will have some time to learn about farming, using Inca tools, we have time to get nice pictures of the lake and the island and we have lunch which is mostly fresh fish from the lake. Then we take the boat back to Puno and return to your hotel by bus for the end of the tour .
If you would like we can take you to the airport Juliaca the next day if you are flying to Lima or you can take the bus to La Paz Bolivia.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
- Pick up from you hotel and transfer to the bus sattion.
- Tourist bus drive with English speaking tour guide .
- Visit to the ruins along the way.
- Buffet lunch on the way with amazing scenary.
- Pick up in Puno bus station and transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight at nice hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the port of lake Titicaca.
- Nice boat drive with English speaking tour guide .
- Visit the floating islands where you enjoy about how they live on the floating islands made of reeds.
- Boat drive from floating islands to Amantaniisland.
- Overnight with and at local family's house.
- Organic lunch serve by your local family.
- In the afternoon you will hike for one hour up hill to visit the Pacha Tata Mountain ( 4000 meters above) where you can see the sun set over the lake, just amazing.
- Dinner serve by your local family.
- By 8 pm you are taken to the local school by your local family where you dress up with local and traditional clothes where you entertain the evening.
- Breakfast at local family's house.
- Boat drive to taquile islands.
- Visit the taquile island where you learn about the local life stile .
- Boat drive to Puno city and transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight at you hotel and breakfast then you decide where you would like to carry on with you holy days.
- Dinneronday 1st.
- Lunch and dinner on day 2.
- Tips for your guide and boat driver.
WHAT YOU SHOULD CARRY WITH YOU.
- Goodday pack.
- Good camera.
- Warm clothes as this place is very cold.
- Hat , gloves, scarf , underline, .
- Sun cream , sunglasses, sun hat.
- Goodboot, and sandals,
- Flash light veryimportant.
- No sleeping back needed.
- Rain poncho if it is rainy season.
- Take some gift for local family such as sugar, rice, oil or school supplies , do not take candies as is not good for the kids.
Our tour ends in PUNO , so then you can continue your tour to Bolivia through Copacabana wher you can see the SUN ISLAND or la isla del sol and you can to salt mine in Bolivia also the jungle , or you can continue from Puno to Arequipa or just go to Juliaca and flight back to Lima.
But if you want to experience the train drive to cusco it takes 12 hours with amazing views